Whether you decide to use our equipment or your own the choice is yours. All our equipment is guides quality and picked especially for Taupo Fishing conditions, if you wish to use our specialty tied fly's or bring your own we can recommend the best working fly's for the time of year you're here.
What We Supply
- Guides quality equipment
- Free pick up from your Taupo Accommodation
- Wet weather gear (if required)
- Professional knowledge from experts
- Courtesy e-mail service
- Lunch and refreshments for full days.
- Professional tuition and instruction for novices.
What To Bring
- Warm clothing of natural colours (no bright colours)
- Personal rain jacket (if available)
- Drinking water/ camera
- Your personal fly rod and waders if preferred
If you want to use your own equipment we recommend to use:
- Waders, Light weight and Breathable, felt soled wading boots, Studded optional.
- Rods, 9 ft, 6-7-8 weight with WF floating lines Natural colours.
- Leaders 3X & 4X 9 ft tippets 3X & 4X Floro carbon a must.
- Selection of Nymphs, Pheasant Tails, Hair & Copper, Gold Beadheads, Flash Backs. All sizes from 12-16 Dry flys - Parachute Adams 12-16, Humpy, Elk Hair Caddis, Royal Wulffs, Sizes 8-14 Cicada imitations 6 - 10